5th Annual Ramp Up the Conversation Interpreter and Interpreter Service Providers Conference
Setting Speed Limits for Improved Comprehension
A full day educational conference for interpreters and interpreter service providers that will offer an experience and momentum to remember! Two locations. Two opportunities.
Nationally Recognized Keynote
Sponsors / Exhibits
To celebrate our 5th year, we are hosting TWO unique and separate continuing education conferences: Saturday, April 21 at the Comfort Suites in Johnson Creek and Saturday, April 28 at Viterbo University in La Crosse, WI from 9:25 to 4:45 (registration 9:00 to 9:25). Join us for these continuing education celebrations and recognition of the professional interpreter.
Continuing Education Credits for each conference
- WI Court Interpreters: 6 CEUs WI Courts CIP (1.5 ethics and 4.5 general)
- Certified Healthcare Interpreters CHI™ and CoreCHI™: 6 CEUs CCHI (1 hour performance based training – 5 hours non-performance based training
- Certified Medical Interpreters CMI: 0.6 CEUs IMIA/NBCMI
(Assistance will be provided in obtaining signatures for verification of attendance.)
Continuing Education Credits for each post-conference workshop
- WI Court Interpreters: 3 CEUs WI Courts CIP (3.0 hours general)
- Certified Healthcare Interpreters CHI™ and CoreCHI™: 3 CEUs CCHI (2 hours performance based training – 1 hour non-performance based training)
- Increase interpreter skills and performance;
- Engage in self-evaluation and team evaluation to support skill development;
- Develop resources and techniques to expand vocabulary and grammar;
- Practice performance strategies to better handle the pressures and rewards of error-free expectations during encounters.
- Interpreters of all skill levels and languages
- Interpreter Service Providers
- Anyone who believes that qualified, trained and certified interpreters are necessary when providing services and resources to our limited English speaking population
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Martha Kulig, MA, BSW, CHI™
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Melissa Wallace, PhD, CHI™
University of Texas, San Antonio
Join the organizations and individuals who support our event in recognition of the value of service provided by qualified, certified interpreters in the healthcare, medical, legal, court and community fields. Call today to get your name on our list! 262-617-0692. 2018 Ramp Up Sponsor – Exhibitor Form
$110* registration fee before April 10, 2018 (These are two separate and unique conferences. Separate registration and payment required for each conference.)
*Includes lunch and continuing education credits.
$145.00 after April 10
No refunds/non-transferrable. Scholarships available.
- Limited number of seats available – first come, first served basis
- Registration is non-refundable, non-transferrable
- Payment has to be received at our office no later than April 10, 2018 or registration is not valid for the $110 rate
- On site registrations are available due to popular demand IF SPACE IS STILL AVAILABLE
Contact us for details on how to nominate an interpreter or interpreter service provider who has demonstrated outstanding service to the LEP community and the interpreter profession for “The Detangling the Spaghetti Ball Award for Outstanding Service.” 2018 Ramp Up Award Nomination Form
Registration 9:00 – 9:25 AM
Conference 9:25 AM – 4:45 PM